This Application was chosen by the owner (our “Client”) of the Internet property (“Website”) you are accessing to help personalize your shopping experience for products and services described on the Website.
* Sending an email to us at email@example.com.
* Calling us at +1 (612) 927-3400
* Writing to us at:
C/O Privacy Officer
110 5th Street North
Minneapolis, MN 55403
* Sending a fax to us at +1 (612) 339-2243
How we collect and use personal information
Personal Information as used herein refers to data and facts about you which include, but are not limited to, your name, age, address, email address, etc. Personal Information is personal to you in that belongs to you and identifies who you are.
When you first use this Application you may elect to connect it with your Facebook account in order to share your Actions with your social network on Facebook. If you elect to do this, we will receive and store the following information from Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”); your name, profile picture, gender, age range, Facebook user id, locale, networks, list of friends, you and your friends interests, Actions, and likes, and your birthday.
If you connect the Application to Facebook, we and/or our Client may make available and/or share your Facebook user name and your Facebook profile picture to other Application and Website users. Further, this Application and the Website users may be able to use the Website and/or Application to search for or view your profile and the information contained therein, such as Actions you have taken on the Website (for example, if they know and input your user name in the Application or Website).
If you choose to allow this Application to publish your Actions on Facebook, this information will be publicly available to other users of this Application (for example, on the Websites social activity stream) and may be used, or re-shared by users of this Application or the Website. 8thBridge is not responsible for the use or re-sharing of Actions by others once it is made public. If you do not wish for such use or re-sharing of this type of data taking place going forward, you should not allow this Application to publish to your social network.
When you use this Application and the Website, we may also automatically receive information about your use of this Application and the Website including information such as the website page that you access, date and time of your visits, your Internet protocol address, performance of your network and computer, your browser type, language and identifying information, your operating system and application version. We primarily use this information to provide our Cilent with information of the usage patterns of this Application and also to improve the functionality.
When you use this Application to share an Action on the Website, we may also send a Cookie and/or gif file to assign an anonymous, unique identifier to your Internet browser. One function of these Cookies, but not limited to, may be to control the delivery of one or more offers to a web browser via an advertising network.
A useful resource on understanding Cookies may be found at allaboutcookies.org.
Information Shared by 8thBridge
8thBridge does not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties as part of our business practices.
2. to enable third party service providers to assist or facilitate in the services we provide to our clients.
3. to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information received by us, whether or not a response is required by applicable law.
5. to protect the safety of members of the public and users of the service;
6. with vendors, administrative service providers, technology providers, and carefully selected partners for data validation, enhancement, information verification and suppression services;
7. to allow us to share aggregated statistics about use of the Application with parties with whom we do business.
10. In the event that 8thBridge is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. In our efforts to protect your online transactions, we use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to strongly encrypt your personally identifiable information and protect against unauthorized use. If your browser is capable of SSL (and most are), your information will be automatically encrypted, or encoded, before it is sent to our partners, our Clients, and/or their partners. We have also obtained a digital certificate from a leading provider of Internet trust services, for the use of our services and providing validation that the data transfers are done as securely.
We also have implemented an information security and privacy program within 8thBridge that includes policies for which all personnel must follow and using technologies and practices that support industry and international information security standards.
Ultimately, your personal information is protected by the practices you use to make online purchases. Be sure to keep your online password confidential. No Customer Service Associate or any other representative of 8thBridge will ever ask you for your password. The confidentiality of your password is yours to protect. When we do collect you personal information we will protect its confidentiality through information security practices and technologies, have policies and procedures in place to prohibit its unlawful disclosure, and limit access to authorized personnel only.
8thBridge is very sensitive to the issue of the privacy rights of children. 8thBridge websites are neither developed for, nor directed at, children. Each of 8thBridge’s merchant clients determines the verbiage used on 8thBridge Online Storefronts. 8thBridge makes every effort to ensure each merchant appropriately complies to children’s privacy laws and regulations, but ultimately the merchants are responsible for protection and appropriately using the personal information provided to them through customers purchases.